MikeD posted about a car that evolves but I plan on one upping him with Art. Honest to goodness genetically evolved art!
A guy named Roger Alsing wrote a little program that evolves a Mona Lisa from 50 polygons!
I created a small program that keeps a string of DNA for polygon rendering.
The procedure of the program is quite simple:
0) Setup a random DNA string (application start)
1) Copy the current DNA sequence and mutate it slightly
2) Use the new DNA to render polygons onto a canvas
3) Compare the canvas to the source image
4) If the new painting looks more like the source image than the previous painting did, then overwrite the current DNA with the new DNA
5) repeat from1
Check out the results!